With state of the art distribution facilities strategically located in Revesby, we work with our customers to develop efficient cross docking solutions to streamline supply chain operations.
Whether you need to transfer goods quickly between different transport modes, efficiently separate and sort materials intended for different destinations, or combine goods from different origins into a single shipment for distribution – we offer cross docking services to help streamline your supply chain.
Through cross docking distribution, products destined for a similar (or the same) end point can be consolidated into one shipment and transported as a full load, reducing overall distribution costs and reducing environmental impact. We offer customised cross docking solutions to suit our customers’ needs; transporting goods into our cross-dock warehouses to check, unload and pick and pack shipments into new loads intended for single or multiple destinations.
We provide three main types of cross docking services:
Hub and Spoke
A centralised facility is provided for products to be received and sorted – similar products are combined so that shipments can be delivered to the required destinations quickly and efficiently.
Multiple smaller consignments are received and combined into one larger shipment for economical forwarding.
Large shipments are received and broken down into smaller loads for easier onward delivery.
Cross docking is an effective distribution solution for particular types of freight, including:
- automotive and machinery parts
- parcel and document delivery
- back-ordered items
- seasonal or promotional items
- high-volume products with steady demand
- products with short lead times
- pre-packaged, pre-sorted products ready for transportation
Integrating cross docking into your supply chain has the potential to:
- lower associated labour costs through reduced inventory handling
- reduce, or potentially eliminate, costs associated with inventory storage and warehousing
- reduce the time taken to move goods from point of origin to point of sale
- deliver products to distributors, and consequently customers, faster
- reduce instances of stock damage resulting from additional handling
- better utilise transport loads, saving transport-related costs and reducing environmental impact
You benefit from our experience in delivering effective solutions to the complex global supply chains of some of the world’s biggest corporations.
You benefit from every innovation, whether it involves a simple extension to our Air and Ocean Freight products, whether it means a development in warehousing.
All of which explains why you’ll find the team of outstanding support at TransCargo ready to apply their passion for solutions in support of your business.